Thursday 7 June 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 7: get that bunny out of here!

Day 7: *sneezes*

Today I've just been sneezing at everything. 'Object X' is not to be sneezed at? Well, I beg to differ. I've used up almost everything in the house that can be used for nose-blowing. I might as well have eaten cardboard for dinner, too, because my head is so stuffed up that I couldn't taste a thing.

Reasons for all this?

  1. Mice in the feed shed
  2. Mum's pet rabbit
Rodents make me sneeze. Working to clean up after the mice and then being in the same shed as the rabbit for a while... not a good thing. I only ended up getting about 1.4k written for Camp NaNoWriMo, which meant I finished the day a whisker under the 15k I wanted. I'm aiming for 75k this month, by the way. With real life planning on hitting me hard at the end of July, I really want my Seeker series to be a complete set of first drafts by the time I have to shift from Daily Goals to Daily Goats.

I've probably mentioned before that I'm a goat dairy farmer. Er... yes, at the top of the blog. Well, add to that the fact that I'm an Aussie girl and we end up with August to November being the season when all the does give birth. Seventy does kidding between the end of JulNoWriMo and the end of NaNoWriMo, and every single one of them has to be supervised to make sure it all goes well. We'll end up keeping quite a few kids to expand the herd, so I'll have seventy does to milk, thirty or so kids to feed and all the associated records to maintain. During all that, writing doesn't get to happen very often.

I'm sure there was a point to that other than "Siana is freaking out about work!!!" Oh, I know - the reason why I want to write 75k in June. It's basically because I want to finish Doom (the June novel) as well as finish the first-person rewrite of Darkness (book one of the series) before Daily Goats begins. 75k is the length of a complete first draft in this series and the same is true of the first-person rewrite (currently standing at 50k), so I need to write at least 100k by the end of July to achieve my goals.

Anyway, rambling goat-oriented post might as well come to an end. See you tomorrow :).

2 comments:

  1. I hope you finish your Daily Goals and your Daily Goats. Oh, and make sure that your Brian does not explode… :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely not wondering what might happen if Scott the Muse and Brian the Daily Goat start fighting. I might have to call in Toby to break them up and then I'd have to worry about whether or not he was going to leave survivors...

    ReplyDelete